Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fun times with friends!

I have had a fun few days with my fellow co-workers in Dallas, TX. We have accomplished a lot, and enjoyed some great dinners/drinks together. Two of my co-workers, Ellie and Paula, celebrated birthdays while here, so it was great to share that with them. Paula is obsessed with midgets-she is talking about that and anorexics who eat paper right now. Ellie is our resident Malibu Barbie-she is great and she and Paula have the best personalities ever! I love them! Julie, my co-worker from VA, is chatting on the phone with her mother. She looks like a younger version of Cybil Shepard...

We are in my hotel room, sharing some stories about work and life, and some Merlot...I know, I'm definitely not a Merlot person, but it is great with good friends! Oh, and ABBA is on the radio. It does not get much better than that!!!!

Oh, Ellie, Julie, and I got awards for being the first people to stay in our new hotel rooms-SWEET! Julie has reminded me that the award means we are the first people to sleep in the beds!

We all fly home tomorrow...I can't wait to see The Buddy! I have promised her to go for ice cream after I pick her up from school tomorrow. It is hard being away from her, but that first hug after I get back is the BEST! Take care everyone, and tell those who are special to you how much you care.

1 comment:

State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

Was is "dancing queen"? and what is a Merlot person? If you dont drink wine (my ONLY real fault) how can you tell what a Merlot person is?

I found that the best thing to do when returning from a trip is to spend enough time with the rug rats that they WANT me to leave. Then the next trip isnt so hard for them.